Monday, August 30, 2004

Is it really running season again?

I refer to the fall as my "running season" - I kind of slack off during the summer months and then when the fall comes, sign up for some 5ks and get serious about it again.

Tonight reminded me that it is TIME. I did my 5k track in the neighborhood tonight. I don't know what my time was since I have a new heartrate monitor/stopwatch that I simply don't get. As techie as I am, watches seem to escape me. Kind of like balancing my checkbook. I can do algebra, but not subtraction (especially if there are $$ signs involved in the subtraction). But I digress...

My friend/teammate/partner-in-crime ran with me tonight. It was fun but we need to remember our headphones next time. It's hard to hold a conversation and push yourself, we learned. Better to just jam to some 80's tunes and get the job done. The talking can take place later.

Tomorrow night we have track training and I am SO excited for that!!! We'll get pointers on form and equipment and speed-training and runnerspeak and all that. This practice was one of the motivators for my signing up for this program. I hope it's as great as I anticipate.

Today we started making progress in fundraising, too. We set a date for a Beef O'Brady's 10% fundraiser night (Sept. 15 if you are in the neighborhood). We need to distribute flyers, make table tents, etc. but we can handle that.

I get to check out the Diz landscape for my anniversary!! Not really; we are "cheating" and heading over to Universal (gasp!), but I can eye the terrain anyway. I might pick up some Disney motivational "stuff" while I'm there.

I'm starting to wonder whose bright idea it was to own a two-story house. My "ouch" post applies to tonight, too.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home